Friday, June 25, 2010

Cravattine with Ricotta and Peas

I realized yesterday that I hadn't cooked a decent pasta in a long time! So yesterday's lunch was a pasta dish with one of my favourite light summer sauces. I can cook this pasta spontaneously almost anytime because I always have the ingredients at home. See, this is one of the reasons I love ricotta, you can make a simple but most delicious pasta sauce with it in no time! And frozen peas also always belong in my freezer. I use them very often for spontaneous "creations".


Recipe (for 2):
I always cook this dish "freestyle" so I'm not absolutely sure about the exact measures but I think these should be about right. The original recipe comes from Donna Hay's "Instant Entertaining".

ca. 350g cravattine (or other pasta)
about 120g of frozen peas
about 125g ricotta
olive oil
lemon juice
salt
pepper

Cook the pasta in saltwater for about 10 minutes. While the pasta is boiling, cook the frozen peas in a little water also for about 10 minutes. When the pasta is al dente, drain it together with the peas and put it all back into the pan you cooked the pasta in. Add a few splashes of olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Add ricotta and mix it all well. Then, put onto two plates and grate some parmesan cheese onto it if you like. Decorate with herbs, such as basil. Donna Hay seasons this pasta with mint leaves which I haven't tried but I'm sure tastes also good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails