Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yogurt Flan with Strawberry Sauce

I hope you all had a great weekend! I allowed myself to do absolutely nothing university or work-related for four days and mostly relaxed at my Mum's. However, I could not stop myself from taking over her kitchen - at least when it came to dessert, but I think she appreciated that :-) I came up with this flan on Saturday because I spotted yogurt and leftover strawberries in her fridge. We liked this dessert because it's easily and quickly prepared and light, almost refreshing even - perfect for summer.


Recipe:
(In German: www.saison.ch)

4 sheets of gelatine (I think, you could maybe also only use 3 sheets of Gelatine since it gets relatively firm with 4 already... but I will have to try that out first.)
200g strawberries
60g sugar
1 vanilla pod
1/2dl milk
400g plain yoghurt

Soak gelatine in cold water. Puree the strawberries with one third of the sugar and set aside. Slice the vanilla pod and scrape out the seeds. Put milk, vanille pod and seeds and the remaining sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Take away from the heat, remove the vanilla pod. Squeeze the gelatine and dissolve in the milk. Mix well with the yoghurt. Fill into 4 glasses and put them in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Pour the strawberry sauce over the flans before serving. I also made some brittle for decoration. For that, I roasted about two handfuls of mixed nuts and seeds a frying pan and then caramelized them in honey. I left it to cool on a parchment paper and then just broke it apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails