Monday, April 04, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

I have a confession to make... I cheated on chocolate... with peanut butter :-) Ever since my friend Melissa introduced me to peanut butter, I can't resist it anymore. Seriously, I don't think I would have managed to finish my thesis without my daily peanut butter sandwich!

Of course, I was looking out for yummie peanut butter recipes - and I found one! These cookies are scrumptious, let me tell you!! If you are a peanut butter addict as well, these cookies are heaven on earth! And (I know I say this very often, but it's true) veeery easy to make! So get your peanut butter jar out of your cupboard and put it to good use :-)



Recipe:
(I nicked the recipe from Technicolor Kitchen. Check out Patricia's blog! It is fabulous, one of my absolute favourite foodblogs!)

100g butter, softened
140g crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
218g light brown sugar
1 egg
185g all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
100g brown sugar, for rolling

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.

Put the butter, peanut butter, vanilla and brown sugar into a bowl. Mix with an electric mixer for 8-10 minutes or until well combined. Add the egg and beat for 2-3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Sift the flour and baking soda over the mixture and beat in low speed until you got a smooth dough. Roll one leveled tablespoon of dough into a ball at a time and roll in brown sugar. Place on prepared trays, leave enough room between the cookies (5cm). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden. Let cool on wire racks.

Be careful not to overbake the cookies! I always worry when I bake cookies because I don't kow whether they are still too soft, but they continue to bake even when taken out of the oven and they will get firmer when cooling down.

I got about 26 cookies in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Fast, easy, and delicious - the peanutbutter addict's favourite :) Thanks for the cookies and the recipe! (The recipe is for: How to get popular among your peanutbutter-loving and even actually-not-liking-peanutbutter-so-much friends... ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails