Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cinnamon and Cranberry Granola

No time for baking last weekend. But tell you what?! When I came to the office yesterday morning, I found a box on my desk - filled with wonderful Christmas treats! Nina, my boss's wife, had obviously made sure that I get to try a little bit of everything she and her kids had baked the past weekend. It was delicious, let me tell you! Next to the fact that this made me really happy, it also made me realize that I am evidently totally behind with my Christmas baking. Anyway, I'll hopefully get to that next weekend. In the meantime, I have a nice idea for a homemade Christmas present for you guys. Of course, you can modify this recipe according to your taste, but I think, for Christmas time, cinnamon and cranberries really fit. It looks really cute filled into little jam glasses with a ribbon on them, for instance. The good thing is that this is a real no-fuss recipe which won't take up much of your time. I mean, since we've all got enough on our hands this time of year already.




Recipe

300g rolled oats
70g pumpkin seeds
50g pecans, chopped
50g hazelnuts, chopped
1-2 teaspoons cinnamon, depending on your own taste
1 pinch of salt
100ml maple syrup
100g dried cranberries

Preheat the oven to 175°C. Mix all the ingredients, except the cranberries, in a large bowl. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the mixture on the baking tray. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Mix it through with a ladle every five minutes or so, so that is gets evenly toasted. Then, when it's golden brown, take it out of the oven. Let cool a little, then add the cranberries and mix. Let cool thoroughly before filling the mixture into an air-tight jar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails