Saturday, April 20, 2013

Rhubarb Jam with Dried Apricots

"Bye bye wintercoat"... Ok, guys, I take it back. It's April 20, early in the morning - and it's white outside! But even snow can't bring me down these days. My holidays just started and I'm looking forward to a relaxing week. Be sure I'll be spending some time in the kitchen, too. There are lots of bookmarked recipes lying on my bookshelf, waiting to be tested. But first, here comes the recipe for the rhubarb jam I made two weeks ago.




Recipe
(original in German: here)

125g dried apricots
2 dl water
750g rhubarb
1kg jam sugar
juice from one lemon

Soak the apricots in 2dl water for at least 6 hours (or overnight). Then, drain and cut into small pieces. Keep the water.

Wash the rhubarb and cut into small pieces. Put into a large pan. Add the apricots, the water, jam sugar and the lemon juice. Bring to boil and then, let simmer for about 4 minutes while constantly stirring.

Test whether the jam has reached the desired consistency by putting a little drop of it onto a plate. If it's not flowing anymore it's fine. Otherwise cook a little longer.

Fill the boiling jam into cleaned, preheated glasses and seal them. Then turn them upside down for about a minute (kills the fungus spores) and then turn around again and let cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails