Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pea Soup with Mint

I don't know whether I should trust that sunshine yet... Well, I won't say much about the weather anymore. I've been reading my past ten posts or so and it's something like "Yay, the sun is shining!" alternating with "Oh, it's cold and gray!". Anyway, this delicious soup here's got the color of spring: green. And the mint is the little something that turns it from ordinary into special.




Recipe
(from: Tibits at Home)

2 onions
2 twigs of peppermint, washed and chopped
400g frozen peas
200g potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm dice
3 tablespoons olive oil
700ml vegetable stock
50ml heavy cream
sea salt
pepper

In a large pan, heat olive oil. Gently roast the onions together with the peppermint. Then, add potatoes and peas. Roast for about 5 minutes. Add the vegetable stock and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.

Then, purée. Strain trough a fine sieve if you want to (I didn't). Add cream and bring to a boil again. Take away from the heat. Season with salt and pepper. Decorate with some mint leaves. You can serve this soup hot or cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails