Sunday, November 13, 2011

Leek and Gorgonzola Tartelettes

Gorgonzola cheese is my newest discovery! I somehow always thought I didn't like it, but since I tried it again some weeks ago, it belongs to the must-haves in my fridge. I used it lately for these cute and yummy tartelettes.




Recipe
(Original recipe in German: here)

butter
1 stalk of leek
salt
black pepper
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
80g gorgonzola cheese
0.75dl cream
1 egg
1 roll of store bought puff pastry

Butter a muffin pan with 12 moulds and line them with parchment paper stripes, this way you get the tartelettes out of the moulds very easily after baking. Put the pan in the fridge. Preheat oven to 200°C.

Wash the leek and cut into thin pieces. Braise lightly with the butter in a frying pan for about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Set aside.

Mix gorgonzola cheese, cream and the egg with a blender and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.

Roll out the puff pastry and cut out 12 round pieces that fit into your muffin moulds (I did that with a small glass bowl). Line your muffin moulds with the puff pastry. Fill in the leek and then the cheese-mixture. If possible, put in the fridge for another 20 minutes.

Bake the tartelettes on the lowest slot for about 20-25 minutes. Serve warm or cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails