Saturday, May 22, 2010

Berry Berry Brownie

I haven't spent much time in the kitchen in the past few days. I've caught a cold or something and I've been too tired to stand in the kitchen. I thought I'd provide you with something from my "archive" in the meantime.

I made these about a month ago and they sure are a treat!


Chocolate Brownies with Raspberries

200g dark chocolate, chopped
250g butter
350g brown sugar
4 eggs
170g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
40g cocoa, sifted
250g raspberries, fresh or frozen

If you use frozen raspberries, you don't need to defrost them first. You can also use fresh or frozen blueberries.

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Over low heat, melt chocolate and butter in a little pan. Let cool a little, then mix in a bowl with sugar and eggs until you have a smooth batter. Sift in flour, baking powder and cocoa and mix well.

Pour the batter into a square tin (ca. 22x22cm, I used my brownie tin which is about 18x23cm) lined with baking parchment. Bake for about 35 minutes.

Serve warm or cold with crème double or vanilla ice cream.

(from: Donna Hay - Instant Entertaining)

I think next time, I will try to spread the raspberries more evenly (or maybe use a little less berries) because the brownies turned out to be like chocolate mousse in the middle, which is actually heavenly but I wanted to cut them into pieces and bring them to a party a few hours after baking them and I couldn't use the pieces in the middle. I think it's a good idea to cool the brownies in the fridge over night, they will get firmer - but they're still moist and chewy... yum... :-)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails