Thursday, June 23, 2016

Mocca Brownies

Summer has finally arrived and it's almost overwhelmingly hot after those grey and rainy days. But, you guys know that the heat does not necessarily stop me from turning on the oven. Especially when I have brownies on my mind...




Recipe
(from Coop Zeitung)

100g butter
400g dark chocolate (I used 70%), roughly chopped
150g sugar
4 eggs
2 pinches of salt
1.5 tablespoons instant coffee (I used Nescafé)
1 tablespoon lukewarm water
200g cashew nuts (roughly chopped)
150g plain flour

Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a brownie tin (ca. 24 x 30cm) with parchment paper.

In a saucepan, melt butter and and chocolate over low heat. When melted, take away from the heat and let cool slightly. Pour into a bowl and mix with sugar. Then, add eggs and salt. I added a bit of vanilla extract at this point.

Dissolve coffee powder in lukewarm water and add to the batter. Add cashew nuts and flour. Mix and pour your batter into the brownie tin.

Bake for about 25 minutes. The brownies should still be soft i the middle. Let cool, then cut into squares.

The recipe suggests to ice them with an icing made of icing sugar and espresso (250g icing sugar and 3 tablespoons cold espresso) which I left out because I didn't have time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails