Thursday, June 18, 2015

Yogurt Cake with Raspberries and Dark Chocolate

Things are getting easier. My days have some sort of rhythm again. I had time to bake last Sunday morning - like in the good old times. Julia was also wide awake so I placed her bassinet right beside me in the kitchen and explained to her exactly what I was doing while I was preparing the cake batter. She watched my every move and seemed kind of delighted. I noticed that she also likes to watch me while I'm eating. She keeps looking at my mouth, smiling at me and imitating the movements. I really wonder whether she will become as much of a sweet tooth as I am, but that's left for her to decide.




Recipe
(slightly adapted from Annemarie Wildeisen's "Heissgeliebtes Backen")

100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
180g raspberries (the original recipe suggests sour cherries)
100g butter
2 eggs
150g sugar
1 sachet vanilla sugar (I used a tablespoon of vanilla extract instead)
180g plain yogurt
300g flour
1 sachet of baking powder

Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a 26cm cake tin with parchment paper. Grease the edges with butter.

Melt the butter in a saucepan and let cool a bit. In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar. You can use an egg whisk for that. The recipe says that one should not overmix so I didn't use the electric hand mixer. Add yogurt and melted butter and mix. In another bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Add the chocolate pieces, then the raspberries. Mix and add this mixture to the wet ingredients.

Fill your mixture into your prepared cake tin. Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes. Check with a wooden skewer whether your cake is done. No cake batter should stick to the skewer. Let cool. Dust with icing sugar before serving if you like. A chocolate icing would also be nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails